We’re Super Excited ...
We finally get to share our 2018 Rosé with you!
One of our most robust rosé blends to date, this gorgeous saignee rosé goes thru an incredibly labor-some production process. Here's how it works:
- All throughout harvest, as we bring in each of several specific reds, we immediately (within 15 minutes) "bleed off" a certain amount of unfermented juice.
- We do this with Grenache, Syrah, Tempranillo, Cinsault, Xarello & Parellada, and Graciano, respectively.
- We hold these juices chilled in tank --- still unfermented --- for the better part of harvest.
- By the end of harvest, we’re now holding those several individual lots of still unfermented juice, all destined for the final rosé blend. We taste thru the juices, craft up a final blend --- and only then co-ferment the complete finished blend in two of our largest tanks.
- Voilà! Wildly popular Miramonte Rosé is born.
It's a long and drawn out process. But it allows us two things: 1) bigger, more intense rosé, and 2) finer more concentrated reds.
You'll find the Rosé this vintage to be fun, bold, expressive, multilayered and beautifully integrated -- showing an incredible nuance and elegance. It features flavors and aromas of watermelon, watermelon candy, sweet sugar-dusted citrus flavors, melon, and light hints of spice. Serve it at 50-55 degrees --- or just keep it in the fridge, then pour a glass and let it "open up" in air for 20 or 30 minutes.